So it’s the end of yet another gloriously sunny week, almost the end of May and another week closer to “normality”, if such a thing exists right now. If you’re someone whose life will change again on Monday 1st June for whatever reason, then good luck with the transition. Ironically, I think the change back to “normal” (I hate that word!) will be incredibly difficult for many (due to the fact that the new “normal” will be nothing like the old “normal” (!)), but obviously we’re all going to have to deal with it at some point.
And what’s going on over here at nkd? We’re still working to a reopening date of 5 weeks’ time, and I’m guessing that might come around pretty quickly now. With that in mind, I thought that now might be a good time to start talking about some of the changes we’re planning to introduce at the same time as the launch of our new booking system and app etc. Interestingly, the main feedback I got back from my email plea for comments the other week was how a lot of you want us to put on better offers and deals. I’ll be giving more detail in coming weeks, but for now, this is what you need to know:
- We’ll be taking the vast majority of “pre-combined” treatments off the pricelist (e.g. Hollywood and half leg wax for the ladies and back and chest wax (aka upper body wax) for the gentlemen).
- In their place, we’ll be putting on some new discounts, such as:
- Combine any two or more treatments to spend more than £50 and get £5 off
- Combine any two or more treatments to spend more than £75 and get £7.50 off
- Combine any two or more treatments to spend more than £100 and get £10 off
- We’re launching a new “Mix and Match Facial waxing and tinting package, where you can combine 3 facial waxing and tinting treatments of your choice for a set price of £30
- We’ll be offering 20% off any facial waxing or threading treatment when taken in conjunction with any other waxing or lash & brow service
- We’re introducing new “Buy 5 eyebrow waxes/threads” and get 1 free” mini courses of treatments, which will include a complimentary “Bespoke nkd Brow Reshape & Colour” treatment, worth £25
- From now on, it will be possible to purchase a course of any 6 treatments, and you’ll get the 7th on us. Or, you could opt to buy a course of 9 treatments, and you’ll get 2 free treatments on us. Unlike our previous such packages, these will be available to buy all year round and monthly direct debit options will be available.
- Finally (for now), we’ll also be launching 6 and 12-month Lash Lift courses, which come with complimentary treatments thrown in, as well as Bridal & Honeymoon, Mum-to-be and general “treat yourself just cos you fancy it” pamper packages, all of which will give big savings compared to buying the treatments individually.
We hope that at least one of those options peaks your interest! We’ve got loads of other stuff to share with you in coming weeks, so look out for that. Please remember that we are not yet taking bookings yet for 4th July onwards, but we hope to be doing that soon.
And finally, I’d like to stress that of course at some point soon we will also be sharing full details of how we plan to keep both customers and staff as safe as can be in the circumstances, once the time for reopening does finally come around. It’s just too early to finalise our plans there though and we don’t want to dripfeed that kind of important information to you.
I hope you have an enjoyable weekend. Until next week,
Rebecca at nkd ( )
Are you receiving our regular written and video updates, directly into your inbox a couple of times a week? If not, and if you think you should be subscribed to our mailing list, then please check your junk and clutter folders to ensure that our emails are not languishing there! Remember to mark nkd as not junk/add us to your safe senders list!
Or scroll down and sign back up to our mailing list below (doesn’t matter if we have you on the system twice) so that you can be sure of receiving future updates from us. This will include information about how we are going to manage the allocation/rescheduling of pre-booked appointments when the time comes that we are allowed to reopen and start trading once more.
Receive our Blogs Directly in your Inbox
To receive future updates by email, make sure that you are on our mailing list (sign up form below) and that you add nkd to your safe senders list.
If you think you are already on our mailing list and should already be receiving email updates, but haven’t received them, please check your junk and clutter folders to make sure that you continue to receive all important updates from us. Alternatively, you can sign up again below.
About nkd ( )
nkd ( ) exists to empower our clients by making you feel comfortable and confident in your own body.
Providing high-quality waxing treatments to men and women in a professional and clean environment, our specialist skills mean that nkd waxes are quicker and cause less discomfort than waxes from generalist beauty salons, which do not typically employ experts. Our friendly team is so knowledgeable that their detailed aftercare advice will ensure you get the best results for weeks after your treatment.
nkd also offers the latest lash and brow treatments from our in-house lash & brow bar with the same level of specialist skill and advice.