We can’t wait to welcome you back to our salons. We’re doing everything possible to keep you and our staff safe and we want you to have confidence that nkd ( ) is a COVID-safe environment without sacrificing your experience or the quality of our service. Below is a summary of the main measures we have put in place to ensure this is the case:
C19 RISK ASSESSMENTS
We’ve assessed the risks from COVID-19 in our salons and have taken steps to address these. We’ve thoroughly briefed all our staff on the results of these so that everyone understands how to manage and control the risks.
SCREENING OF STAFF
All staff will be temperature screened on arrival prior to each shift. An elevated temperature on arrival to work will result in that staff member being sent home. Any staff member who is feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms will not come into work.
SCREENING OF CLIENTS
All clients will be asked, either at the time of booking (if the booking takes place within 48 hours of the treatment time), or in their pre-appointment confirmation text messages (which are sent out 48 hours ahead of the appointment time) to confirm that they are not experiencing any relevant symptoms.
Any clients who need to cancel or reschedule their appointment due to COVID-19 symptoms will of course be able to do so. However, for the protection of our staff, these clients will not be allowed to book another nkd appointment for a minimum of 15 days.
Safety Stations have been set up immediately inside the entrance at both salons. On arrival, clients will again be asked screening questions about whether they’re experiencing any relevant symptoms. Clients will be asked to sanitise their hands before passing the Safety Station. Wipes will be available on the Safety Station for clients to wipe down their waiting chair if they wish.
We trust that our clients will not want to spread infection and will be honest about any symptoms.
SOCIAL DISTANCING BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We have removed the number of chairs in our waiting room to create the recommended distance between chairs;
- We politely request that clients do not arrive more than 5 minutes before their allocated treatment time to reduce congestion in the waiting room;
- We politely request that clients come along to their appointment where possible, also to reduce congestion in the waiting room. Only carers and dependants will be allowed to wait inside the salon
- If all waiting room chairs are full when you arrive for your appointment, you will be asked to wait outside until a waiting room chair becomes free;
- Floor markings denote an exclusion zone around the reception desk, which we ask you to remain behind;
- We ask that all payments are made using the card details we securely hold on file for you where possible, to avoid the use of cash in the business and to eliminate the need for multiple clients to touch our PDQ machine;
- We have introduced rules about moving around the salon where space is limited – including a ‘one way’ system and the creation of passing places on the stairs between reception and treatment rooms;
- Appointment start times will be staggered to avoid too many clients arriving at the same time;
- Staff lunch and other breaks will be staggered to minimise contact and risk of transmission between employees.
CLEANING, HANDWASHING, SANITISING AND HYGIENE
Both salons have been deep cleaned during our period of closure. We have introduced additional cleaning, hand washing, sanitising and hygiene procedures in line with guidance and all staff have been fully briefed on these procedures. This includes;
- requesting that all staff and clients sanitise their hands on arrival at our safety station in reception.
- cleaning of each treatment room between every client and the main points around the salon which clients are likely to come into contact.
- (To ease this process and ensure highest salon cleanliness levels, we are also requesting that while in the salon and treatment rooms, clients do not touch anything other than is necessary.)
- Regular hand washing and sanitising throughout the day for all staff including between activities.
- The provision of hand santiser and wipes throughout the salon for staff and clients to use as required.
- Sanitising wipes will be available for clients to wipe down their waiting chair if they wish, as well as in the toilet for all the main touch points, should you need to use it (we really appreciate your help with this). We are also increasing the frequency throughout the day that we sanitise the customer toilet.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer water to clients on arrival for the time being, so please bring your own refreshments if needed.
Magazines have been removed from the client waiting area.
We politely request that you bring as few personal items with you as possible to your appointment (additional shopping bags etc.)
All staff have been provided with the appropriate PPE and guidance on how to wear it. This includes:
- Disposable protective aprons – to be changed between each client;
- Disposable gloves to be changed between each treatment/client (as per existing policy);
- Therapists may also choose to wear a face covering in addition to their visor.
All clients are requested to bring their own face covering and to be prepared to wear this during their treatment.
THE SAFETY OF OUR STAFF AND CLIENTS IS PARAMAOUNT. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ASSESS THE SITUATION AND WILL MODIFY OUR POLICIES AS NEEDED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ONGOING PATIENCE, SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING DURING THESE DIFFICULT TIMES