Now for the serious aftercare stuff…. If you want to get the best results from your brow treatment for as long as possible, then we recommend that you follow our aftercare advice or ignore it at your peril!
nkd’s Top Brows Aftercare Tips
- No extreme heat treatments (e.g. very hot baths or showers, saunas, steam rooms), swimming, sunbathing (including sun beds or any other exposure to UV light) for 24 hours. Try and avoid exercise or anything that makes you sweat for 24 hours.
- Do not apply any perfumed products to the area for 24 hours.
- Wash your hands before scratching or touching the area.
- Avoid the use of make-up on the waxed or threaded area for 24 hours apart from mineral make-up or specialist post-treatment products.
- No self-tanning products to the area for 24 hours.
- The use of harsh make-up cleansing products could prematurely reduce your brow tint. Avoid the use of such products at all in-between treatments to prolong the colour retention of your tint.
- Do not pluck or tweeze in-between appointments particularly in areas where your therapist has advised re-growth.
Important Note: Self-tanning products may alter tint colour, so we recommend using these with caution on your face in between tinting treatments. nkd does not recommend that you attend any brow appointments which include a tint with any self-tanning products on your face.
Please inform us immediately if you experience any problems after your treatment, including prolonged swelling, an itchy rash, bruising, or any kind of skin grazing, cuts or tearing so that we can advise the correct treatment. In the unlikely event that your skin does not return to normal within 24 hours of your treatment, seek advice from your GP in case you have had an allergic reaction to the wax or in case an infection is developing.