Offering you a genuine career and development path within an exciting and fast-paced beauty salon
If you are ambitious, committed and passionate about developing your career within the beauty industry, then we want to hear from you.
nkd is a vibrant, energetic and constantly-innovating company which is determined to stay ahead of the game. We pride ourselves on being different to any other beauty salon you’ll ever work for, and we always lead instead of follow….
In 2016, we picked up the award for the “Best Beauty Salon in the Midlands” at the first ever Professional Beauty Regional Awards. We also have a host of other awards to our name, and we’re immensely proud of the formidable reputation we’ve built up in and around Nottingham as the best waxers in town!
We work hard to please our employees and keep them happy, and we ask you to do the same for us.
Waxing and Beauty Therapists nkd ( ) Leicester (July 2017)
nkd is excited to soon be expanding to Leicester. We’re now seeking talented and passionate waxing and beauty therapists to work in this prestigious Salon. A competitive salary, outstanding training opportunities and genuine career progression are all on offer. Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com to apply.
What we look for in our waxing therapists
•Hard-working: Waxing is not for wimps! Waxing all day can be extremely tiring and physical. However, it can be worth it when you work for a great company.
• Self-motivated: We don’t want or expect to have to be on your back all the time. Instead, we expect you to show initiative and keep yourself busy and useful during quiet times.
• Open-minded: We really do see it all at nkd. 70% of our treatments involve Brazilians and Hollywoods (and when we say we take it all off, we mean take it all off!). We also have a fair few men in for male intimate waxing. Safe to say this job is not for prudes.
• Confident and expert in imparting your knowledge: You’ll understand that to get the best results from their wax, there are certain steps that that your customer must take at home in between treatments to keep themselves smooth and bump-free and that it is your job to educate the client about this. You’ll therefore be keen to recommend the best at-home aftercare products, knowing that when your client looks after their waxed area at home, this ultimately reflects well on you as a therapist.
• Flexible and available: We are open until 8pm from Monday to Thursday. Therapists must be available to work at least three Saturdays a month and three evenings a week and be prepared to show a high level of flexibility with their availability. In turn, we will show flexibility with you.
• Professional: nkd prides itself on its exceptionally high levels of customer service, which all staff must adhere to at all times.
• Accountable: You must be able to take constructive criticism from clients (via the post-wax surveys we send out) on the chin. This is likely to involve more waxing training. Don’t take it personally – we just want and need you to be the very best you can be.
Why work for nkd?
You should work for nkd because we’re determined to be the best beauty salon around. And to be the best beauty salon, we know that we need to employ the best staff. But to employ the best staff, we know that we need to be the best employer around…
With this in mind, we’ve worked hard to develop an attractive package which we hope will entice the very best beauty therapists and support staff in the industry to come and work for nkd. As well as offering a competitive wage and commission structure which puts you in control of what you earn, some of the other benefits you’ll enjoy while working for nkd include:
• Employee of the Month with £25 gift voucher to win each month
• Free fruit and Prosecco Saturdays
• A generous quarterly bonus for 100% attendance and punctuality .
• The chance to win a fully-funded Spa break for two at Champneys each year
• Friends and family discount
• Free internal treatments
• Ability to purchase retail products at trade prices
• Discounted local gym membership and other local staff discounts
• A £250 annual training budget
• An employer-contributed pension
We believe that the combination of these wide-ranging employee benefits along with our strong, supportive and experienced management team was recognised when nkd reached the finals of the “Employer of the Year” category in the 2017 Professional Beauty Awards.
What else we can offer you
We are passionate about developing all our employees and promoting from within. That’s why we have such a strong focus on internal training and personal development.
We have a strong and experienced management team whose passion it is to work with you to turn you from a great therapist to an absolutely fantastic therapist!
We can offer you the kudos and pride that comes with working for a multi-award winning salon.
Then drop us a line!
Even if you do not see any jobs that are suitable for your skills advertised, but you love the idea of working with us, then please tell us all about yourself and we’ll keep your details on file. All applications and speculative job enquiries are treated in the strictest of confidence, email the owner now on firstname.lastname@example.org