Henna Brows is one of the hottest trends in brows right now, and we’re loving it. To give you a very quick overview about the treatment:
- Derived from the Hina [Henna] tree, Henna is a natural, entirely-plant based dye which has been used cosmetically for thousands of years in the Middle East, India, Pakistan and Africa. This makes it perfect for anyone with sensitive skin (and as an added benefit is vegan)
- The use of Henna as a brow tint is relatively new, however. Henna Brows are particularly hot in Australia right now (like many emerging beauty trends and products that are just making their way to the UK)
- Whereas traditional eyebrow tint (as used in our conventional eyebrow shapes and tints and HD Brows) only stains your brow hair, henna stains the skin underneath and around your brow hair, as well as the brow hair itself. This makes henna more effective than conventional tint.
- Henna makes your brows look fuller and deeper and covers any sparse areas. Like our other brow treatments, when used alongside a brow reshape (usually involving waxing and plucking), the finished effect is beautifully-defined brows.
- A Henna Brow can look different from a traditionally-tinted brow because it gives a more powder-like and matte effect.
- Like all our brow treatments, how natural or dramatic you go in terms of finished look is entirely up to you. If you wanted to stay at the extremely natural-looking end of the scale, we would minimise the amount of henna applied to your skin and keep it mostly on your brow hair. For a more dramatic look, more henna would be used and more would be worked into your skin, underneath and potentially around your brows.
- The results of Henna Brows last for 2 – 4 weeks. To put it bluntly, the less you wash/clean the brow area of your face and the more gently you do it, the longer the results of the treatment will last. This means don’t exfoliate too much and don’t use harsh products around your brows. Other factors are also at play here – those with a drier skin type will probably enjoy the results for longer than those with an oiler complexion.
- The henna will gradually fade as your skin cells renew.
The cost of Henna Brows (including reshape) at nkd is £40 and the treatment will last 40 minutes. Henna brows are available in both Nottingham and Leicester salons an we can’t wait to make your brows look beautiful with this fab new treatment!
To book your treatment reserve online, call, or of course you can pop by and see us in person!
Nottingham 0115 775 0292 Leicester 0116 430 0332
Plus you can keep up to date with all our special offers and nkd ( ) news by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram