If you’re visiting our Nottingham salon soon you may want to know what measure we’ve put in place to keep you safe, so alongside of Health and Safety Charter which an be found here (link to nkdwaxing.com/covid-safety-charter) we have assessed the risks from COVID-19 in our salons and have taken steps to address these. We’ve thoroughly briefed all our staff on the results of these so that everyone understands how to manage and control the risks.
SCREENING OF STAFF
All staff will be temperature screened on arrival prior to each shift. An elevated temperature on arrival to work will result in that staff member being sent home. Any staff member who is feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms will not come into work.
SCREENING OF CLIENTS
All clients will be asked to confirm, at the point of booking, that they are not experiencing any relevant symptoms.
Any clients who need to cancel or reschedule their appointment due to COVID-19 symptoms will of course be able to do so. However for the protection of our staff, such clients will not be allowed to book another nkd appointment for a minimum of 15 days.
Safety Stations have been set up immediately inside the entrance at both salons. On arrival, clients will again be asked screening questions about whether they’re experiencing any relevant symptoms. Clients will be asked to sanitise their hands before passing the Safety Station. Wipes will be available on the Safety Station for clients to wipe down their waiting chair if they wish.
We trust that our clients will not want to spread infection and will be honest about any symptoms.
SOCIAL DISTANCING BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We have removed the number of chairs in our waiting room to create the recommended distance between chairs
- We politely request that clients do not arrive more than 5 minutes before their allocated treatment time to reduce congestion in the waiting room
- We politely request that clients come alone to their appointment where possible, also to reduce congestion in the waiting room. Only carers and dependants will be allowed to wait inside the salon
- If all waiting room chairs are full when you arrive for your appointment, you will be asked to wait outside until a waiting room chair becomes free
- Floor markings denote an exclusion zone around the reception desk, which we ask you to remain behind
- We ask that all payments are made using the card details we securely hold on file for you where possible, to avoid the use of cash in the business and to eliminate the need for multiple clients to touch our PDQ machine
- We have introduced rules about moving around the salon where space is limited – including a ‘one way’ system and the creation of passing places on the stairs between reception and treatment rooms
- Appointment start times will be staggered to avoid too many clients arriving at the same time
- Staff lunch and other breaks will be staggered to minimise contact and risk of transmission between employees
CLEANING, HANDWASHING, SANITISING AND HYGIENE
Both salons have been deep cleaned during our period of closure (see pics and video below!). We have introduced additional cleaning, hand washing, sanitising and hygiene procedures in line with guidance and all staff have been fully briefed on these procedures. This includes;
- requesting that all staff and clients sanitise their hands on arrival at our safety station in reception.
- cleaning of each treatment room between every client and the main points around the salon which clients are likely to come into contact.
(To ease this process and ensure highest salon cleanliness levels, we are also requesting that while in the salon and treatment rooms, clients do not touch anything other than is necessary.)
- Regular hand washing and sanitising throughout the day for all staff including between activities.
- The provision of hand sanitiser and wipes throughout the salon for staff and clients to use as required
- Sanitising wipes will be available for clients to wipe down their waiting chair if they wish, as well as in the toilet for all the main touch points, e.g. flush, taps, door handles (we really appreciate your help with this). We are also increasing the frequency throughout the day that we sanitise the customer toilet.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer water to clients on arrival for the time being, so please bring your own refreshments if needed.
- Magazines have been removed from the client waiting area for now.
- We politely request that you bring as few personal items with you as possible to your appointment (additional shopping bags etc.)
All staff have been provided with the appropriate PPE and guidance on how to wear it. This includes:
- Disposable protective aprons to be changed inbetween each client
- Disposable gloves to be changed inbetween each treatment/client (as per existing policy)
- Therapists and Front of House staff will wear a visor at all times
- Therapists and Front of House staff may also choose to wear a face covering in addition to their visor
All clients are requested to bring their own face covering for wear during their treatment, please.
PPE – FACIAL WAXING & THREADING AND LASH & BROW TREATMENTS (NOT RELEVANT UNTIL WE ARE ALLOWED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO CARRY OUT THESE TYPES OF TREATMENTS AGAIN).
All facial waxing & threading, and Lash & Brow treatments will require the following supplementary measures in addition to the above.
- Therapists will wear both a visor and a face covering
- Clients will wear a face covering (N.b for not required for lip and/or chin waxes or threads
The safety and wellbeing of our staff and clients is paramount. We will continue to assess the situation and will modify our policies as needed.
Receive our Blogs Directly in your Inbox
To receive future updates by email, make sure that you are on our mailing list (sign up form below) and that you add nkd to your safe senders list.
If you think you are already on our mailing list and should already be receiving email updates, but haven’t received them, please check your junk and clutter folders to make sure that you continue to receive all important updates from us. Alternatively, you can sign up again below.
About nkd ( )
nkd ( ) exists to empower our clients by making you feel comfortable and confident in your own body.
Providing high-quality waxing treatments to men and women in a professional and clean environment, our specialist skills mean that nkd waxes are quicker and cause less discomfort than waxes from generalist beauty salons, which do not typically employ experts. Our friendly team is so knowledgeable that their detailed aftercare advice will ensure you get the best results for weeks after your treatment.
nkd also offers the latest lash and brow treatments from our in-house lash & brow bar with the same level of specialist skill and advice.