These days it’s all about the lashes and brows for many women, and nkd Nottingham’s treatment offering reflects this. We are pleased to offer a range of lash and brow enhancement services and products within our in-house lash & brow bar, meaning that whatever your time and budget constraints, we have a solution for you.
The problem is, you see, that most women these days yearn for longer and more luscious lashes and/or eyebrows than god gave them but the big question is how to best get them. For example, for every woman that loves full on semi-permanent lash extensions, there will be another who just can’t get on with them for whatever reason.
There are also different solutions for different needs, especially where lashes are concerned. Some people want their lashes to dazzle all year round while others are looking for a quicker and more temporary fix, never more so than in the Christmas party month of December.
So here, we have summarised the different lash and brow treatments and products that are currently available at nkd Nottingham.
HD Brows uses an intricate seven-step procedure, including a variety of depilation and make-up techniques, to create the ultimate in “High Definition” brows. The arts of tinting, waxing, threading and plucking are combined to create an amazingly precise shape and one that could change your overall look forever.
- HD Brows is great for clients who: need professional advice and help in creating a completely personalised brow shape and colour; need professional advice and help in applying brow make-up so cleverly that noone will ever realise you have done so; clients with overplucked/underplucked brows; clients who have never experienced the wonders of an advanced eyebrow tint combined with amazing shaping and make-up techniques.
- HD Brows is not so great for clients who: practically no-one! If really pushed, we’d have to say that it would be less suitable for those with extremely groomed and well-tinted/made-up brows already.
- HD Brows Time implications: 40 minute treatment time
- HD Brows Standard Full Price Cost at nkd Nottingham: £35.00
- HD Brows Other Need to Knows:We’re good at nkd but we can’t perform miracles! Sometimes, it may take a course of treatments over several months to grow in the brows you’re looking for. We may advise the use of products that will stimulate and accelerate eyebrow growth. In the meantime, however, we can help you make your brows look thicker/fuller than they actually are by showing you clever application techniques. HD Brow make-up is amazing. Create that in-salon look at home every day by following our advice on which products to purchase and how to apply them! An HD Brow Patch Test is needed at least 24 hours before your first HD Brow treatment at nkd.
Now the UK’s most popular lash treatment, LVL is a stunning alternative to eyelash extensions, as a treatment which enhances your natural eyelashes to create the impression of thicker, longer lashes for up to 6 weeks. At nkd, we think of LVL as a sort of a modern-day lash perming solution, which uses uses an innovative technique to gently lift and straighten the lashes, which makes them look thicker and more voluminous.
- LVL is great for clients who: want to maximise the potential of their natural lashes; want a low-maintenance solution; want a beautifully natural everyday look; want to minimise the time of their daily getting ready routine; do not wear a lot of make-up and would not suit a heavier lash look; are pale-skinned and/or fair haired and so would not suit a heavier lash look.
- LVL is not so great for clients who: want a dramatic “WOW” look at those lashes look; have extremely short natural lashes (see LVL need to knows below);
- LVL Time implications: 45 minute treatment time every 4 – 6 weeks. Time saved daily if you regularly curl your eyelashes!
- LVL Standard Full Price Cost at nkd Nottingham: £55.00
- LVL Other Need to Knows: LVL + RevitaLash advanced eyelash conditioner are a match made in heaven for clients who want natural lashes to die for. Add in Magnifibres (LVL + RevitaLash + Magnifibres) for those times when you want a more dramatic look (e.g. for going out in the evening). An LVL Patch Test is needed at least 24 hours before your first LVL treatment at nkd.
Express lashes are another fantastic alternative to traditional lash extensions. Quicker and less expensive to apply than conventional extensions, Express Lashes will last up to two weeks. A range of looks, from natural to glamorous can be achieved with Express Lashes. Unlike conventional semi-permanent lash extensions, Express Lashes are applied to your eyelid not your eyelash, meaning that they can feel lighter than traditional extensions.
- Express Lashes are great for clients who: want a more dramatic lash look than their natural lashes can ever give them; want to minimise the time of their daily getting ready routine; want something more permanent than strip/cluster lashes but who do not want to invest the money or time in traditional lash extensions; want a solution more dramatic than normal for a special occasion (e.g. a holiday/wedding/party) but one that will last longer than a few days or even a week.
- Express Lashes are not so great for clients who: do not get on with semi-permanent lash type treatments; are looking for a quicker, cheaper and shorter-term solution (e.g. lashes for the weekend); are looking for a longer-term solution (e.g. semi-permanent lashes that will last for 4 – 8 weeks).
- Express Lash Time implications: 20 – 40 minutes’ application time depending on the final look you want to achieve.
- Express Lash Standard Full Price Cost at nkd Nottingham: £40.00 for a natural set (30 minute treatment time). £50.00 for a glamorous set (40 minute treatment time).
- Express Lash Other Need to Knows: You can wear certain types of mascara with Express Lashes although you will need an oil-free eye make-up remover to take it off. nkd sells appropriate mascaras and eye make-up removers for this purpose. An Express Lash patch test is needed at least 24 hours before your first Express Lash treatment at nkd. nkd recommends that you have your Express Lashes professionally removed after two weeks.
Lash Perfect Semi-Permanent Lash Extensions
The original semi-permanent lash extensions are the ultimate in lash extension treatments for clients who are prepared to invest the necessary time and money in ensuring their lashes always look fantastic. When looked after carefully at home and maintained regularly in-salon with infills, semi-permanent lash extensions should last for 8 weeks or more.
- Semi-Permanent Lash Extensions are great for clients who: want a beautifully natural to glamorous look daily; are happy to invest the time and money needed into semi-permanent lash extensions including regular in-salon infill treatments; who are prepared to look after their semi-permanent lashes at home (e.g. by purchasing the necessary type of oil-free eye make up remover and by practicing extreme care when removing their daily make-up).
- Semi-Permanent Lash Extensions are not great for clients who: are not prepared for the financial or time commitment of maintaining their lashes with in-salon infills, who do not take good care of their lashes at home; who want a cheaper and/or shorter-term solution.
- Semi-Permanent Lash Extension time implications: 60 minutes for a natural set. 90 minutes for a full set. Infills booked out in 10 minute blocks (10/20/30/40 minute infills available).
- Semi-Permanent Lash Extension Standard Full Price Cost at nkd Nottingham: £60 for a natural set. £90 for a full set. Infills charged at £1.00 per minute, in blocks of 10 minutes.
- Semi-Permanent Lash Extension Other Need to Knows: Semi-permanent lash extensions fall out with your natural eyelash cycle. Although the average cycle of a single lash is about 90-120 days, factors such as your eyelash characteristics, lifestyle and general care of your eyelashes will affect how long your semi-permanent lash extensions will last. A Semi-Permanent lash patch test is needed at least 24 hours before your first treatment at nkd.
Fast and easy to apply and with oodles of choice in terms of design, it’s no wonder that strip lashes are as popular as ever. Perfect for Christmas parties if you are not wanting to make a longer-term commitment to lashes, these are a quick and easy fix which have the potential to transform your look. Strip/party lashes literally come in all shapes and sizes, ranging from the uber-natural to the uber-dramatic!
- Strip/Party Lash are great for clients who: want a super-dramatic look that can be difficult to achieve with lash extensions to a more natural look or anything inbetween; want the ultimate quick & easy fix; want to be able to change their lash look as often as they change their outfit!; want a one-off party look for that special Christmas party/wedding/hen do/ball; want some lashes that they can remove and keep for future special occasions.
- Strip/Party Lash are not great for clients who: want their new lashes to last more than one evening/24 hours;
- Strip/Party Lash time implications 5 – 10 minute application time.
- Strip/Party Lash Standard Full Price Cost at nkd Nottingham: Most of nkd Nottingham’s strip/party lashes cost around £10.00 to purchase, including adhesive. We will apply free-of-charge at the time of purchase.
- Strip/Party Lash Other Need to Knows: Take our word for it, strip/party lashes always look better when they have been professionally applied, hence why nkd Nottingham offers to do this for you, free of charge, upon purchase! Keep an open mind when looking at strip/party lashes as what often looks horrible in the box actually looks rather lovely on! Strip/party lashes can be reused and can be applied at home at your convenience. A patch test is NOT necessary for strip/party lashes.
Cluster lashes can be a brilliant halfway house between strip/party lashes and express/semi permanents. Cluster lash application creates a fuller look, softer touch and lighter lid that lasts up to a week. These are achieved by weaving and adhering individual lashes in clusters to the client’s natural lashes.
- Cluster Lashes are great for clients who: want lashes that will last longer than a day but who do not want to invest in full-on express/semi-permanent lashes
- Cluster Lashes are not great for clients who: want a very short-term or much longer-term lash enhancement solution.
- Cluster Lash time implications: 20 minute application time.
- Cluster Lash Standard Full Price Cost at nkd Nottingham: £25.00
- Cluster Lash Other Need to Knows: A patch test is NOT necessary for cluster lashes. Care must be taken at home when removing your make-up if you wish cluster lashes to last for up to one week. You must use oil-free eye make-up remover and avoid touching/pulling at your lashes.
RevitaLash is a startlingly-effective Advanced Eyelash Conditioner which has the dual effect of making your lashes longer, thicker and fuller while also improving their condition to improve their flexibility, moisture and shine.
- RevitaLash is great for clients who: want to maximise the potential of their natural lashes; want a low-maintenance solution; want a beautifully natural everyday look; have short natural lashes; are happy to invest upfront in a long-term solution.
- RevitaLash is not so great for clients who: want a more dramatic look than their natural lashes can ever give them; are looking for a “quick fix”; do not want to make a major upfront cost investment.
- RevitaLash Time implications: 30 seconds’ application time daily before going to bed for the first 1 – 3 months, after which application 2 – 3 times a week will maintain the growth.
- RevitaLash Standard Full Price Cost at nkd Nottingham: £67.50 for 2.0ml (3 month supply) and £98.00 for 3.5ml (6 month supply)
- RevitaLash Other Need to Knows: RevitaLash sits alongside nkd Nottingham’s LVL Lash treatment perfectly for a stunning lash look every day, with the absolute minimum time needed in the morning to achieve it! Add in Magnifibres (LVL + RevitaLash + Magnifibres) for a more dramatic look (e.g. for going out in the evening). You must keep on using RevitaLash to maintain your longer, thicker lashes. Stop using the product and your lashes will eventually return to how they used to be! However, the longer you use the product for, the less frequently you will have to apply it to maintain the look. Don’t take nkd’s word for how incredibly effective this treatment is. We first read about it on this independent blog and immediately knew that we had to stock this wunder-product!
Magnifibres are natural fibres that you apply between mascara coats which instantly lengthen your lashes by up to 5mm. Critically, and unlike other similar products nkd has seen on the market before, Magnifibres can be used with your choice of mascara. Contains conditioning Panthenol and is safe to use with contact lenses.
- Magnifibres is great for clients who: want to buy a product which will maximise the potential of their natural lashes either for daily use or for occasional, going out use.
- Magnifibres is not so great for clients who: want a very dramatic “false lash” look
- Magnifibres Time implications: 1 minute application time.
- Magnifibres Standard Full Price Cost at nkd Nottingham: £21.00
- Magnifibres Other Need to Knows: Magnifibres sits very well alongside both RevitaLash and/or LVL (all three can be used together). Perfect for clients who want a dramatic lash look but who do not want to wear any kind of false lashes.
The original lash enhancement solution! If you don’t do anything else to your lashes, then consider getting them tinted, along with your brows, every few weeks. You’ll be amazed at the difference it can make.
- Lash tinting is great for clients who: want to subtly enhance their natural lashes in the most simple and low-maintenance way without spending much money.
- Lash tinting is not so great for clients who: want to dramatically alter the appearance of their natural lashes.
- Lash tinting time implications: 20 minute treatment time.
- Lash tinting Standard Full Price Cost at nkd Nottingham: £15.00
- Lash tinting Other Need to Knows: Lash tints come in a variety of shades, so don’t think it has to be black or nothing! Lash tinting is an integral part of certain other lash enhancement treatments, e.g. LVL. Lash tinting can also enhance the look of Express Lashes and Semi-Permanent lash extensions. A tinting patch test is needed at least 24 hours before your first lash/brow tinting treatment at nkd.
About nkd ( )
Providing high-quality waxing treatments to men and women in a professional and clean environment, our specialist skills mean that nkd waxes are quicker and cause less discomfort than waxes from generalist beauty salons, which do not typically employ experts. Our friendly team is so knowledgeable that their detailed aftercare advice will ensure you get the best results for weeks after your treatment.
nkd also offers the latest lash and brow treatments from its in-house lash & brow bar with the same level of specialist skill and advice.
nkd – giving our clients the confidence that comes from looking and feeling their very best.